
We finally made it! After a rocky start with bad weather, running the O'Hare 5K, and not sleeping on the plane....my first trip out of the country was great! I knew someday I would have to get on a plane and I'm so lucky to have experienced this with such a great group of people. Let's just say on the flight to Chicago, my nerves got the best of me and the tears started to fall. All the emotions I was feeling just came out in tears. No screaming, just tears. The feeling is not something I wish to experience again and thankfully by the time we were on our jumbo jet to London, I was feeling much better.
After arriving in London we still had a two an a half hour bus ride to Harlaxton. Our driver, David, was very nice and funny. He definetly wanted us to enjoy the "country side" (by the way...it looks like Kentucky). But once we finally approached Harlaxton...what a site. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful view. The manor is breath taking. A quick tour of the small village of Harlaxton and we were up the drive to the manor. We received a very warm welcome and soon were eating our first meal there, finding our rooms, and exploring the manor. Day one in England was quickly under our belt and the fatigue won over. After being awake for nearly thirty-one hours...a few of us hit the sack early.
To best describe how I felt through the whole ordeal of flying for the first time and stepping foot on English soil...where to begin. It is a trip I will never forget and one I will always be thankful for.
After arriving in London we still had a two an a half hour bus ride to Harlaxton. Our driver, David, was very nice and funny. He definetly wanted us to enjoy the "country side" (by the way...it looks like Kentucky). But once we finally approached Harlaxton...what a site. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful view. The manor is breath taking. A quick tour of the small village of Harlaxton and we were up the drive to the manor. We received a very warm welcome and soon were eating our first meal there, finding our rooms, and exploring the manor. Day one in England was quickly under our belt and the fatigue won over. After being awake for nearly thirty-one hours...a few of us hit the sack early.
To best describe how I felt through the whole ordeal of flying for the first time and stepping foot on English soil...where to begin. It is a trip I will never forget and one I will always be thankful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment